The 2011 BlackBerry Developer Challenge for Best Flash/AIR Mobile App for BlackBerry PlayBook is now open and accepting submissions for the competition in the challenge. The challenge focuses on finding the best apps by quality, innovation, creativity and compelling user experience.|
The challenge is bigger and better this year, with fantastic prizes. Win more prizes as the same application can be submitted to the Developer Challenge being organized at both the global and India regional levels.
Timeline: Both newly developed and existing applications are eligible to compete in the contest. Applications for the competition must be completed and submitted within the following dates:
- Prizes at India Regional level:
- First 10 winners will receive one BlackBerry PlayBook each
- Next 10 winners will receive one BlackBerry Smartphone each
- Prizes at Global level: this year prizing is valued at USD $3 million; further details can be found here
- Early bird prizes in India : There is further exciting news for early bird participants who submit their applications on or before 18 July 2011. Early bird participants are eligible to win additional prizes. Three winners will be announced who will receive a BlackBerry Smartphone each during the Adobe Flash Platform Summit.
For India Regional level Developer Challenge
Judging: Submissions will be judged by a panel of experts from Research In Motion Limited and Adobe Sytems. Submissions will be judged based on:
- 30 May – 12 August 2011: the duration of the competition
- 13 August – 26 August 2011: winner selection
- 31 August: winner announcement
- Quality and use of development best practices
- User experience
- Level of visual appeal
- Creativity and innovation
How to Enter
We have simplified the process based on your feedback. Thank you.
Step 1: Sign up for the India-specific Best Flash/AIR Mobile App for BlackBerry PlayBook competition here.
Step 2: Become a BlackBerry App World Vendor with Research In Motion Limited - Register here.
- Once registered, you will be assisted by our team for a fast and easy registration process through steps 2-4 below.
- More prizes to be won!! Also participate in the global 2011 BlackBerry® Developers Challenge with the same application. Further details can be found here.
Step 3:: Submit your application(s) to the BlackBerry App World here.
- There is no vendor registration fee for BlackBerry App World™ for the current period.
- You will receive the Vendor ID immediately by email.
Step 4: Complete your registration to the Developer Challenge by submitting the BlackBerry App World Application ID(s) here.
- Notes : On submission of the application you will receive a BlackBerry App World Application ID by e-mail.
Please read through the contest rules for the Best Flash/AIR Mobile App for BlackBerry PlayBook competition here. Should there be a discrepancy between the information found on this page and the contest rules, the contest rules will govern.
Please e-mail any questions about the challenge to: firstname.lastname@example.org.